Mattress

What I Did.

My very expensive mattress arrived today. I haven't been so excited in years but as I looked longingly at it on my bed, thinking of my night ahead, sheets in hand, I realised that for such a glamorous mattress, it wouldn't be seen dead in last years sheets, actually sheets circa 1996. I decided she needed some new ones that would flatter her ( for my mattress is a 'she'... Something with those curves and padding has to be a 'she') and make her feel special. After lying on her for twenty minutes, I felt she only deserved the best. Egyptian cotton with a very high thread count. What I didn't realise, which is becoming a habit of mine, is that those kind of sheets cost a fortune.

I am sitting in a cafe, yards away from the bed department in shock. I had to come and have a cup of tea and check my bank balance before I went any further!

A few minutes later...

Well, I have decided that my beautiful mattress only deserves the best and she will be wearing vintage! It's so 2012.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice one

Anon from Essex MA
Gary Broadbent said…
Jules. Expensive taste is not, I repeat not a habit you've only just developed...Gx
Sooze said…
You make me howl laughing! Vintage is all the rage!

Sleep well xx
Shobbe said…
Enjoy lying in your new mattress bed, with its vintage sheets, writing on your iphone honeypot xxx

Popular Posts